updated 3 months ago
This feature is only available on our Business Plan and higher.
1) Connect to Braze
When setting up your promotion, go to:
- Integrations > Email & SMS.
- Click Add Service > Braze.
2) Add Credentials
To complete the connection within ViralSweep:
- In your Braze Dashboard go to Settings > Developer Console. Copy an existing API key, or click Create New API Key.
- If creating a new API Key, provide a name for your API Key, like ViralSweep. Select all of the User Data and Email permissions. Save the API Key.
- Copy the API Key and paste it into ViralSweep.
- Next, choose your Braze Dashboard URL. To get your Dashboard URL just log into your Braze account, look at the URL and you will see something like dashboard-03.braze.com.
- Click Connect.
3) You're connected
The promotion is now connected to Braze and all entries will be sent into Braze automatically.
What fields do you pass to Braze?
Tracking Campaign Name
Do you update subscribers?
Yes, if you run a promotion and we pass someone to Braze, then you run another promotion in the future and the same person enters, we will automatically update their information in Braze (if any new information is provided). Mainly, the referral URL will be updated with the newest URL for each promotion they enter.
If you have connected to Braze and data is not being added to your account, these are the most common reasons as to why:
Email Already in Braze
The email address entered into the promotion may already be in your Braze account, so it will not be added again, it will only be updated if new information was provided for that contact.
Email already entered into ViralSweep
The email address entered into the promotion has already been entered into the promotion previously, so therefore it is not passed to Braze again. This can happen if you set up your Braze integration after you have already entered the promotion.
We're here to help
If you have any further questions, please start a Chat. Just "Click" on the chat icon in the lower right corner to talk with our support team.