1) Connect to SMSBump
When setting up your promotion, go to:
- Integrations > Email & SMS.
- Click Add Service > SMSBump.
2) Get your SMSBump Credentials
To get your SMSBump App Key, Secret Key, and List ID:
- Login to SMSBump.
- Click your Account Settings > General Settings.
- Under API Credentials you will see the App Key listed, copy it and save it somewhere.
- If you have your Secret Key saved already, you are all set. If you need to generate a new one, click Get Secret Key and follow the steps. Once your Secret Key is generated, save it somewhere.
- To get your List ID, go to your SMSBump dashboard and click Lists & Segments. Click View on the List you want to get the ID for. In the address bar, the List ID will be the numbers at the very end. For example, if the URL is https://smsbump.yotpo.com/sms/lists-segments/view/3039146, then your List ID is 3039146.
3) Complete the connection
To complete the connection within ViralSweep:
- Input your SMSBump App Key, Secret Key, and List ID.
- Click Connect.
4) You're connected
The promotion is now connected to SMSBump and all entries will be sent into your connected list.
5) Add TCPA Compliant Language
When building your entry form in ViralSweep, be sure to add our SMS opt-in field that includes TCPA compliant language, such as:
What fields do you pass to SMSBump?
*Currently SMSBump API only accepts the Phone Number field. No other fields of data can be passed to SMSBump.
If you have connected to SMSBump and data is not being added to your account, these are the most common reasons as to why:
Invalid Phone Number
The phone number entered into the promotion is not a valid phone number, is in a format SMSBump does not accept, or it is an international phone number that SMSBump does not accept.
Phone already entered into ViralSweep
The phone number entered into the promotion has already been entered into the promotion previously, so therefore it is not passed to SMSBump. This can happen if you set up your SMSBump integration after you have already entered the promotion.
SMSBump Dashboard Delay
There may be a delay in seeing phone numbers appear in your list in SMSBump due to a delay in their dashboard. Please check back later.
We're here to help
If you have any further questions, please start a Chat. Just "Click" on the chat icon in the lower right corner to talk with our support team.