1) Add tags or fields to ConvertKit
ViralSweep can attach any tags and pass through certain fields to ConvertKit subscribers. Before connecting your ConvertKit account to your ViralSweep promotion, be sure to do the following:
- Tags: Add tags to your ConvertKit account that you want to pass through to subscribers coming from ViralSweep. We can pass through as many tags as you'd like.
- Fields: Add fields to your ConvertKit account that you want to pass through to subscribers. We cannot pass through custom fields, however we can pass through the following default fields. You must use these field values for the fields to pass through:
Email Address (already provided in CK)
First Name (already provided in CK)
Field value: last_name
Field value: address
Field value: address2
Field value: city
Field value: state
Field value: zip
Field value: phone
Field value: birthday
Field value: refer_link
Field value: refer_source_url
Field value: campaign_name
2) Connect to ConvertKit
When setting up your promotion, go to:
- Integrations > Email & SMS.
- Click Add Service > ConvertKit.
3) Get ConvertKit Credentials
In order to get your API Key:
- Login to ConvertKit.
- Go to Account Settings > Account Info > API Key.
- Copy the API Key.
4) Complete the connection
To complete the connection within ViralSweep:
- Paste your API Key into ViralSweep.
- Click Connect.
- A menu will appear with your ConvertKit forms and tags. Choose from the forms and tags and click Connect.
5) You're connected
The promotion is now connected to ConvertKit and all entries will be sent into the connected form.
If you have connected to ConvertKit and data is not being added to your list, these are the most common reasons as to why:
Email already in ConvertKit list
The email address entered into the promotion may already be in your ConvertKit list, so it will not be added again.
Email already entered into ViralSweep
The email address entered into the promotion has already been entered into the promotion previously, so therefore it is not passed to ConvertKit. This can happen if you set up your ConvertKit integration after you have already entered the promotion.
User did not opt-in
The user did not click the link in their double opt-in confirmation email that was sent to them. If they don't click that link, they won't be added to your list.
Delay in reporting
ConvertKit is having a delay in reporting. Try checking again in a few hours.
We're here to help
If you have any further questions, please start a Chat. Just "Click" on the chat icon in the lower right corner to talk with our support team.